Clerk of Council
The Clerk of Council's Office is responsible for managing the day to day administrative functions and work of the Mayor and the City Council. The Clerk of Council acts as a liaison among the City Council; City administration, City Staff; Huber Heights residents and businesses; and other individuals and entities. This Office also maintains the City's records archives and processes requests for public records.
Additional duties performed by the Clerk of Council's Office:
- Prepares and distributes public notices of all City Council Meetings and other legal notices.
- Attends, records, and prepares minutes of all City Council Meetings and City Council committee meetings.
- Prepares and distributes City Council meeting agendas and meeting packets.
- Prepares and maintains City Council legislation and related matters.
- Oversees the codification and maintenance of the Huber Heights Codified Ordinances.
- Coordinates appointments to City boards and commissions and related matters.
- Handles phone calls, emails, and correspondence for the Mayor and City Council.
- Handles media contacts and distribution of City press releases.
- Serves as the custodian of official City records and public documents and certifies, seals, and attests to public or other legal documents or records.
- Provides information to citizens, civic groups, and other parties as requested.
- Coordinates City Council actions and work with City Staff and the public.
- Provides assistance to the City Council, City Staff, and the general public in researching records, documents, City Council activities, and legislation.
- Provides oversight to the budgets of the Mayor and City Council.
- Acts as the Department Head for the Offices of the Mayor and City Council.
- Coordinates mayoral proclamations and mayoral wedding ceremonies.
- Makes event registrations and travel arrangements for the Mayor and City Council.